Monday, April 20, 2009

History of me, Pt. 2.

First a little news: the new website is developing really well, and very quickly! I love the ease of Wordpress's use. I guess that goes to show you that sometimes it's just better to pay little money. I'll post a link fairly soon!


Now we transport back in time...
The comic I drew on that piece of slick white cardboard was called Superguy and Torty. It was a superhero comic about a lizard- man (sound familiar?) and his turtle sidekick Torty. It also had a bad-guy-lizard with a hood and a bad eye, and two high-school students (who seems old and mature at the time) named Burt and Punky. Burt was boring, but Punky was a Goth/hardcore/who knows what lizard man. He had a new hairstyle every comic, and, as he explained it, he just 'woke up that way'- Stylish Bedhead, as it were. (but his bedhead was in the form of Mohawks, beehives and spikes) My plan was for him to have a different hairstyle evey comic for the entire run, once I got my comic in the paper. Then Pierce in Zits appeared and I realized that Punky would seem unoriginal. How dare Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman gang up on a pre-teen that they knew could not pursue legal action!!! I was incensed.
'Superguy' lasted for quite a while...the characters grew and I actually got a comic published in a homeschool newspaper (My head wouldn't fit through the door).

....Hmm...I think I've come to a stopping point. I wanted to post some pictures of Superguy, but I do not have any currently. I shall have to conclude for now and come back with scans...

No comments:

Post a Comment