Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hello, friends, family and people I don't know.

It occurs to me that I have no idea what to put in a blog.
What is the purpose of a blog, actually? The name 'Web Log' is not very descriptive.
I do not intend for this to be a journal...with a resource like the Internet it is already far too easy to lay a private individual's life bare without the need for them to write their thoughts and feelings about What Kind Of A Day They Had for all to see (in my humble opinion). I do not want this to become a relatively pointless collection of random words that I beg you to appreciate for my sake- I want to give you a reason to read this blog. What is that reason? Well, I don't really know yet- perhaps I should have figured out the purpose of this blog before I started it...but that seems to be the way I end up operating. I know that this is supposed to be about Lewis's Life, but since questions probably aren't forthcoming, and I can think of nothing instructive to write about my work at this time, I am at a loss.
Rest assured, I shall contrive to produce a purpose in due time.

What is the purpose, anyway?

5 comments: